Jewish Family & Children’s Service’s Aleinu Program will host a Transgender Workshop as part of the Aleinu Workshop Series. The program will take place on Thursday, Jan. 11 from 9 a.m. – noon.
The speakers at this event are Madelaine Adelman, associate professor of Justice & Social Inquiry at Arizona State University and Cammy Bellis, director of the Transgender Education Program at Arizona State University.
Upon completion of the transgender workshop, participants will be able to:
• Distinguish among common terms related to gender identity and transgender/gender nonconforming people
• Identify what a gender transition may look like for youth and how it may differ for adults
• Discover perspectives of transgender/GNC youth and adults based on current research
• Identify best practices to support and affirm LGBTQ youth, clients, and colleagues
• Explore the components of an agency-based action plan for transgender inclusion and affirmation
Cost to attend is $25 and includes a continental breakfast. To register: www.jfcsaz.org/TEP
Three Cultural Competency Units are available upon completion.